SHEA BUTTER - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Shea butter is obtained from the nuts of the shea tree from West Africa, shea butter is extracted using cold pressed methods without added chemicals or preservatives.
- help improve blood circulation
- promoting cell regeneration
- improved collagen production.
- extremely moisturizing and very hydrating,
- It is rich in stearic, oleic acids and benefit-rich vitamin E and vitamin A.
KNOWN TO AIDS IN THE TREATMENT OF:
- stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
- Relieves Windburn, Sunburn
- eliminate that itchy winter skin
- cracked and dry skin
- muscle fatigue
- antifungal and anti-inflammatory
- heal diaper rash
- radiation treatments for certain medical problems.
Anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour promoting compounds
The Journal of Oleo Science and the The National Center for Biotechnology Information published a study indicating that shea nuts and shea fat (shea butter) constitute a significant source of anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour promoting compounds.
Boosts collagen production, demonstrating anti-ageing properties
American Journal of Life Sciences study claims that shea butter boosts collagen production, demonstrating anti-ageing properties.
- Anti-Aging Properties
The American Journal of Life Sciences reported a clinical study involving 30 volunteers in which shea butter diminished various signs of ageing. It helps tissue cell regeneration and softening of the skin, which reduces wrinkles. In another clinical study for dry, delicate or ageing skin, 49 volunteers applied shea butter twice daily and discovered that it prevents photoaging. It is also shown to boost collagen production.
MACADAMIA OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Macadamia oil has an amazing affinity with the skin, and can be taken both topically and internally ,it is rich in essential fatty acids, Its chemical profile is very similar to that of human sebum, it has great skin penetration abilities.
- Antioxidant – contains Palmitoleic acid which is a potent antioxidant known to support healthy cell membranes, hydrating the skin and supporting skin healing.
- Regenerating and anti-inflammatory – contain Oleic acid which has a regenerating, moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Hydrate the skin – contain Linoleic acid which helps restores the skin’s barrier function, keeps skin hydrated helps to prevent trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) from the skin’s delicate tissues
- Healing and Repairing – contain Palmitoleic Acid is extremely healing and repairing
- Skin penetration enhancers – contain Phytosterols act as penetration enhancers, delivering the important benefits to the deepest layers of your skin ( plant phytosterols are the building blocks of our cellular membrane and structure
- Aiding in skin recovery - Phytosterols are protective, aiding in skin recovery, they work like cortisone on the skin helping to reduce itchiness and inflammation
Beneficial in healing damaged skin
A 2004 study concluded that linolenic, linoleic, and oleic fatty acids (all found in high amounts in macadamia oil), are beneficial in healing damaged skin.
…we showed that n-3 fatty acid induced a peak in nitric oxide at 3 hours postsurgery and an intense deposition of extracellular matrix after 5 days of treatment. Thus, our results suggest a relevant role and potential therapeutic implication for fatty acids on skin wound healing.
Helps prevent sunburn by retaining moisture in the skin
And on top of all of this, macadamia nuts also contains a natural plant chemical known for its sun protection properties; cinnamic acid. This chemical is found in many nut and seed oils and provides a variable SPF level of 6-8!
So, isn’t it time to get a bit nutty for Macadamia?
articles by Dr Michelle
BEESWAX - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Since Ancient Egyptians time beeswax has been used as a skin softener and to encourage wound healing. Today scientists are studying beeswax for its potential to lower cholesterol, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, treat digestive ailments. A 2007 study also found that a purified constituent of beeswax may protect liver health because of the antioxidant effects.
BENEFITS OF BEESWAX ON THE SKIN
- Protective barrier: beeswax is natural and non-toxic its forms a protective barrier that helps protect and seal the skin from environmental assaults, while also holding in moisture and reducing dryness.Unlike ingredients made from petroleum, beeswax doesn’t “suffocate” the skin, and won’t clog pores.
- Antibacterial: Like honey, beeswax has antibacterial properties, helping keep skin clean and reducing the risks of contamination in the formula itself. In fact, a 2005 study found that a honey/beeswax mixture inhibited the growth of bacteria and fungus, making it a potential treatment for diaper rash and other bacterial skin conditions.
- Humectant: beeswax is able to “attract” water, When you put it on, you attract water molecules, helping to keep skin hydrated over time.
- Regeneration of cell turnover: contain Vitamin A which is a good source of this vitamin, beeswax helps support cell turnover and reconstruction.
- Wound healing: Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, beeswax has been found to help encourage the healing of wounds. Studies have even found that it may be effective against haemorrhoids.
- Anti-allergenic: beeswax is found to help dry skin itching, dermatitis, eczema, or any type of itching related to a skin condition,
A study published in 2012 found that those patients who suffered serious burns, and later went through “post-burn itch” when the burns were healing, experienced relief with a herbal oil cream and beeswax combination, so much so that they were able to cut back on their use of medications for the itch. Because beeswax is anti-allergenic, it is also easily tolerated by even those with reactive skin.
CALENDULA - FOR SKIN HEALTH
- nourish the skin -Calendula is an emollient and can help to moisturize dry skin. It also contains carotenoids which nourish the skin.
- Reduce redness - is able to reduce redness in couperose skin and soothing varicose veins.
- Antiseptic -It has antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral properties, making it useful for healing cuts, wounds and for healing piercings.
- Wound Healing - help in the healing of wounds both new and old is safe for mucous membranes and has a great track record.Using calendula increases both wound closure (very important in wound healing) and protein metabolism (forming a new skin).
- Dermatitis - Calendula has been shown to work in the prevention of acute dermatitis for patients undergoing postoperative irradiation for breast cancer.
BENZOIN OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Benzoin oil nourishing the skin and helps with a clear complexion and youthful skin to soothe and stimulate the skin, help in maintaining the skin suppleness and softness.
- Natural antiseptic – benzoin oil is a natural antiseptic with germicidal, disinfectant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and vulnerary properties that aid in healing wounds, cuts, sores, acne, chapped skin, eczema, scars,
- Anti-inflammation - soothe skin irritation, acne , psoriasis and dermatitis.promote quicker healing.
CARROT SEED OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
- nutrients for the skin - abundance of nutrients in carrot oil makes it a wonderful aid for taking care of your skin , rich in Carotene and Vitamin-A,
- antibacterial and healing properties of carrot seed oil also allows it to soften up the skin tissues, it is capable of lubricating the cells in the outermost layer of skin , help in the treatment of eczema and other skin related issues
preventing wrinkles -the oil helps to restore moisture that is lost from skin due to evaporation ,can soothe your skin and help in preventing wrinkles or stretch marks from appearing.
Healing Benefits - Clinical finding by Institutionde Agrnomia, University of Lisbon ,Liboa ,Portugalo Wound report that animals treated with topical cream of ethanolic extract of carrot root, formulated at different concentrations, showed significant decreases in wound area, epithelization period and scar width when compared to control group animals in an excision wound model. Meanwhile, the rate of wound contraction significantly increased. Moreover, there were also significant increases in wound tensile strength, hydroxyproline content and protein content in animals treated with the topical cream formulation of ethanolic extract of carrot seeds. The antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of ethanolic extract of carrot root, mainly flavonoids and phenolic derivates, may be involved in this increased curative property. Wound healing effects may also be due to a regulation of collagen expression and inhibition of elevated levels of lipid peroxides.
SANDALWOOD OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
- Antioxidants - Sandalwood is high in antioxidants that can help reduce damage caused by free radicals, which promote ageing.
- Firming of the skin - Sandalwood can induce minor contractions in our soft tissues which help to soothe, tighten, and cleanse the skin
- Anti-bacterial and anti-viral - Sandalwood oil is used in traditional medicine as anti-bacterial and anti-viral agents, It is proving to be a potent cure for an array of difficult-to-treat bacteria, fungi, and viruses. It is found to be helpful in the treatment of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is the type of staph infection that presents itself as painful red bumps and swelling on the skin in most cases.
- Anti-inflammation -It can help to reduce inflammation from mild skin irritation such as superficial wounds, pimples, warts, cold sores, blistering around the face or boils. Infections, insect bites, contact irritations, or other skin conditions.
ROSE OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Is the most preciouses essential oil of all, and as such it is also the most expensive. Rose essential oil has been used in natural beauty treatments for thousands of years. Rose oil is also known to have many health benefits and is useful in the treatment of postnatal depression , general anxiety disorder, balance hormones, relieve anxiety, improve depression, Rose Oil is also found to help for Libido & Hormone Health Because it acts as an antianxiety agent, rose essential oil can greatly help men with sexual dysfunction related to performance anxiety and stress. It has also been reported that it can help balance sex hormones, which can contribute to increased sex drive.
- Antibacterial: has very strong antibacterial properties, helping keep skin clean and reducing the risks of contamination
- Regenerating - regenerating, moisturising properties, help to heal, nourish and increase cell renewal
- Anti-inflammatory – it is excellent for soothing and calming of skin irritation and has an ability to reduce rosacea
- Skin penetration enhancers – increase the skin’s permeability enable the skin to open and absorb more nutrients, as well its penetration enhancers, delivering the important benefits to the deepest layers of your skin ( plant phytosterols are the building blocks of our cellular membrane and structure)
- Antibacterial: exhibited one of the strongest bactericidal activities, helping keep skin clean and reducing the risks of contamination
- Improve acne - research tells us that rose oil can improve acne -They discovered that just after five minutes of a 0.25 percent dilution, Propionibacterium acnes (the bacteria responsible for acne) was completely destroyed!
Research tells us that rose oil can improve acne -In 2010, Chinese researchers published a study uncovering that rose oil exhibited one of the strongest bactericidal activities compared to 10 other oils. They discovered that just after five minutes of a 0.25 percent dilution, Propionibacterium acnes (the bacteria responsible for acne) was completely destroyed!
GERANIUM OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
used by the Egyptians for promoting beautiful and radiant skin, geranium oil is now used to treat acne, reduce inflammation, it acts as an antiseptic and wound-healing. Geranium oil is also one of the best oils for such diverse dermatological problems as oily or congested skin, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Wrinkle Reducer - Geranium oil is also known as a Wrinkle Reducer because geranium improves circulation and is an astringent, it induces contractions in several parts of the body. It has the power to minimize the look of wrinkles because it tightens facial skin and slows down the effects of ageing this make its benefits to the health of the skin
- Infection Fighter – The antibacterial properties found in geranium oil helps to protect your body from infection. Geranium oil can stop bacteria from growing on the skin, like on a wound.
- Healing Helper – Geranium oil helps to speed up the healing process of cuts, wounds and incisions
- Cell Growth Supporter – Geranium oil promotes cell growth; it helps to recycle dead cells and supports the regeneration of new cells. This will allow your metabolism to work more effectively.
- Muscle Toner – Geranium oil helps in tightening and contracting muscles – this is again due to its astringent properties. It can prevent your muscles and skin from sagging,
- Scars reduction -It also helps in fading the look of scars and other spots on the skin quickly. Because geranium oil has powerful cicatrisant properties, it increases blood circulation right below the surface of the skin — this helps with the healing of spots caused by acne, cuts or wounds, surgical incisions or skin irritations.
- Skin Enhancer – Geranium oil helps in the treatment of acne, dermatitis and skin diseases.
- Insect Repellant and Bug Bite Healer – Geranium oil are used as a natural bug repellant.
- Nerve Painkiller – Geranium oil has the power to fight nerve pain when it’s applied to the skin.
MYRRH OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Myrrh was very popular among ancient Chinese and Egyptian cultures it has a long history medicinal use, it is known for the treatment of :
- treat hay fever
- heal herpes
- maintaining healthy skin
- slows down the signs of ageing
- soothes cracked or chapped skin.
- helps relieve sores and wounds.
- help relieve skin infections, such as athlete's foot, ringworm, weeping eczema, boils, carbuncles, and
- help in the treatment of acne.
- Myrrh oil works by helping prevent infection and putrefaction, which helps clear toxins and promote tissue repair.
CITRUS OIL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
- Fight off infections -Grapefruit seed extract can be used to fight infections and can rid the body of unhealthy bacteria.
- stimulates collagen production – Citric oil as a very high concentration of vitamin C which helps to stimulate collagen production and helps skin retain elasticity.
- Healthy skin complexion - Maintaining balanced levels of electrolytes helps prevent dehydration and dry, dull skin.”
- Brighter skin complexion - Lemons also aid in digestion and clean toxins from the blood, which keeps the skin clean. help to achieve a clear, glowing and blemish-free skin
- Rejuvenating skin - Citrus fruits are a rich natural source of vitamin C, which helps destroy free radicals in your body while providing a radiant glow to your skin and rejuvenating skin from the inside
- Anti-inflammatory and Healing - Citrus essential oils provide exceptional cleansing benefits to the skin as well as some anti-inflammatory ones, which make them extremely beneficial for healing blemishes or even minor cuts.
LAVENDER - FOR SKIN HEALTH
Today, lavender is the most used essential oil in the world.
The Egyptians used it for mummification and as a perfume. The Romans used it for skin care, bathing, cooking and for scenting the air.
Lavender is also known to have many health benefits such as Reduces anxiety and emotional stress, Improves sleep, Alleviates headaches
- Restores skin complexion
- reduces acne
- Reduce age spots,
- heal dry skin.
- prevent allergic reactions
- Slows ageing with powerful antioxidants
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
- Heals burns, cuts, scrapes and wounds
- Antioxidants - lavender essential oil helps your body produce three of your body’s most powerful antioxidants
- proven its ability to speed recovery from canker sores
- Researchers from China have recently discovered that lavender essential oil helps your body produce three of your body’s most powerful antioxidants, glutathione, catalase, and SOD within 22 hours of using lavender essential oil!
- Romanian scientists have seen after just seven days of inhaling lavender essential oil vapour for 60 minutes a day. They found that diffusing lavender oil protected cells from damage that can lead to cancer.
Diabetes Treatment - research in 2014 Scientists from Tunisia test the effects of lavender essential oil on blood sugar to see if it can help diabetes.During the 15-day study, the results observed by researchers were absolutely amazing. lavender essential oil treatment protected the body from the following symptoms of diabetes:
- Increase in blood glucose (the hallmark of diabetes)
- Metabolic disorders (especially fat metabolism)
- Weight gain (ever wonder why as diabetes continues to rise, so do our waistbands!)
- Liver and kidney antioxidant depletion (one of the reasons diabetes is lethal)
- Liver and kidney dysfunction (ditto)
- Liver and kidney lipoperoxidation (when free radicals “steal” necessary fat molecules from cell membranes)
Surprisingly, the radical-scavenging antioxidant activity of lavender was actually more robust than ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)!
- Improves Mood and Supports Brain -research in 2013 found – that lavender has a unique ability to protect against neurological damage.
- a study published in 2012 took 28 high-risk postpartum women and found that by diffusing lavender in their home they had a significant reduction of postnatal depression and reduced anxiety disorder after a four-week treatment plan of lavender aromatherapy.
- In 2012, the Swiss journal Molecules printed the results of a study that shockingly proved that lavender is a viable treatment option for stroke. Yes, stroke!
- Lavender Oil for Headaches -According to a study published in the European Journal of Neurologypeople struggling with migraine headaches saw a significant reduction in pain when they inhaled lavender oil for 15 minutes.
- a study published in the Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine found that lavender oil showed immediate improvements on 5 men and 5 women who struggled with insomnia.
D-PANTHENOL - FOR SKIN HEALTH
- Healing - D-panthenol promotes wound healing, helps restore damaged epithelium,
- reduces itching and inflammation,
- improves skin hydration, reduces transepidermal water loss,
- improves skin roughness, and more. It is not entirely clear how panthenol achieves all these effects. moisturizing effects.
- Repair of skin damage, speed up healing of burns and wounds
- Aids in skin transplantation and scar treatment.
- Stimulate the growth of key skin cells (particularly dermal fibroblasts) and possibly remodel this skin matrix.
- improves superficial skin damage (seen in dry, rough, chafed skin) by helping regenerate/strengthen the epidermis and stratum corneum (outer skin layers)
- skin's protective barrier.
- improve erythema (redness), pruritis (itchiness) and other symptoms.
- Skin hydration and moisturizing It restores hydration to dry skin as well as somewhat protects normal skin from drying effects of harsh detergents.
- skin's protective outer layers (epidermis and stratum corneum) thus reducing water loss.
- Wrinkles, fine lines, skin rejuvenation help in many aspects of skin rejuvenation, including prevention or even reversal of wrinkles.
VITAMIN E - FOR SKIN HEALTH
a powerful, fat-soluble antioxidant that can rejuvenate your health as well as beauty. It encompasses a group of eight compounds that include both tocopherols and tocotrienols.
- It works as an immune booster, promotes good circulation, regulates blood sugar, keeps your heart healthy, prevents stroke-induced brain damage and protects against certain cancers.
- Fades Scars - vitamin E is that it can help fade scars. Being an antioxidant, it accelerates the healing of damaged skin and prevents scars from becoming permanent.
- Fights Wrinkles - vitamin E to fight wrinkles, age spots and other signs of ageing.
- Antioxidant - Vitamin E has the power to reverse the damage done by harmful solar radiation and the free radicals in our environment.
- Anti ageing - boosts the production of collagen that adds elasticity to your skin, which prevents ageing signs like wrinkles.
- Treats Skin Hyperpigmentation - vitamin E to treat hyperpigmentation of the skin that causes uneven colour and dark patches on almost any part of the body.
- Softens Rough and Dry skin -Vitamin E is a great moisturizer for dry and rough skin It helps keep your skin soft, supple and moisturized.
- Erases scars and Stubborn Stretch Marks -It has powerful antioxidant properties that protect the collagen fibres in your skin from free-radical damage. This promotes skin elasticity and treats scars and stretch marks.
VITAMIN A - FOR SKIN HEALTH
We use the natural form of vitamin A from carrot seed oil which is found to have an abundance of nutrients and is rich in Carotene and Vitamin-A which play a big role in cell renewal, and for maintaining healthy skin and well as play a big factor in slowing down the signs of ageing
Vitamin A plays a critical role in our skin to :
- Maintaining healthy skin
- It protects against UV damage and slows signs of ageing
- antioxidant - a potent antioxidant which contributes to reducing fine lines and saggy skin, they also lessen skin’s sensitivity to the sun, providing some natural protection against sun-induced redness and pigmentation.
- It encourages healthy skin cell production
- Stimulates fibroblasts—the cells responsible for developing tissue that keeps skin firm and healthy
- protects against infection, defence against bacteria, pollutants and infection.
- By promoting cell production, vitamin A helps strengthen this barrier, protecting your complexion from harmful irritants that attempt to attack the surface.
- help lighten sun-induced brown spots and boost skin radiance in two ways: First, by increasing and normalizing skin cell turnover, which helps you shed pigmented, damaged and rough surface cells, making room for healthier cells and allowing light to bounce off more evenly. Secondly, retinoids may block an enzyme needed for melanin (pigment) production, further helping to deliver an even-toned, glowing complexion.
- It clears up acne. Pimples form when pores become clogged with dead skin cells, bacteria and oil, providing the perfect breeding ground for Propionibacterium acnes, a common bacteria responsible for blemishes. When vitamin A creams stimulate cell turnover the same process happens within the pores themselves, helping to slow oil production and keep pores clear.
- supporting immune function.